|Woman At Table
Everyone is talking about online shopping. It's easy and it takes a lot less time than a trip to the mall, or maybe not. It is surely convenient for shut-ins though, and online shopping provides big city shopping opportunities for those who for whatever reason, whether location, physical limitations, or busy work schedules, cannot get out and physically go shopping. In some ways, online shopping is a throwback to the good old days. It is not just long distance gift deliveries, although that is certainly convenient, you can have your groceries and your meds both delivered. Throw in a special occasion gourmet meal, just the right outfit for your business trip, and just the right vacation for your budget, with all the amenities to boot, and suddenly you realize that online shopping can make life just a little more manageable and a whole lot more fun. It is much more timely than a catalog and a whole lot more exciting. Whether on a long term basis, or because of a short term set-back like a sprained ankle, sometimes online shopping and delivery services can make the difference in being dependent on the kindness of others and taking care of things one's own self. So where do you start? How do you find all those great online stores you keep hearing about? Here are a few good ones to get you started. Check back often, there is more to come.
Art and Collectibles
Bath and Beauty
- Amazon.com -- Quite possibly the best book store on the planet, and it's all online. They even have a used book section for people who always want way more books than they can possibly buy or read.
- dELiAs.cOm -- Since 1993 one of the top in clothing, accessories and roomwares for teen girls & young women. If you want what's in for the younger set, this is the place.
- Madison Avenue Mall -- Decidedly upscale. Designer jewelry, furs, accessories, handbags and collectibles.
- Men's Big and Tall Clothing at Sierra Trading Post!
- PLAYMATE Fashions! -- Can't say I ever thought I'd see the day, but Playboy fashions are now the hot new thing. It does seem they have reinvented themselves. That little bunny is popping up everywhere.
- Sierra Trading Post -- Your In-Home Outlet MallŪ for great deals on name brand casual, dress, outdoor clothing and adventure gear. Check out our clearance, closeout and overstock men's and women's clothing, outdoor and sports gear, shoes, boots, kids clothing, and home furnishings... all at savings of 35-70% off retail!
- YOOX designer apparel - more than 100 product categories
- collectiblestoday.com -- If you collect it, they have it. There are holiday collectibles, movie collectibles and Thomas Kinkade. Their exclusive brands include: Ardleigh Elliott, Ashton-Drake, Bradford Editions, Bradford Exchange, Hamilton Authenticated, Hamilton Collection, Hawthorne Village, and Van Hygan & Smythe. There are music boxes, dolls, Precious Moments, Disney, fantasy, etc. etc. And that is just for starters.
Thomas Kinkade -- Exclusive Thomas Kinkade store: featuring plates, trains, villages and more inspired by America's beloved artist.
Groceries and Gourmet
Webshots! Over 20 MILLION FREE screen saver
and wallpaper photos!
Copyright © 1995 - 2004 Regina Pickett Garson
All writings, graphics and scripts are copyright by the individual authors. Nothing on this site may be reproduced permission of the individual authors.
Death & Grief
Panic & Anxiety