Finding the Way Back to Mayberry
Episode # 94, "Mountain Wedding"
Andy, as the Justice of the Peace, has married Charlene Darling to Dud Wash. However, Ernest T. Bass believes they arent truly married since he isnt a real preacher. Ernest T. tries to woo Charlene and schemes to keep the wedding from taking place. But Andy has a trick of his own up his sleeve that involves our favorite deputy!
COMMUNICATION ( Speak now or forever hold your peace .) Isaiah 6:9-10
Saying the right thing at the right time Proverbs 18:2
Knowing when to hold your tongue Proverbs 10:19, James 3:7-8
Listening, I mean really listening Proverbs 18:13, Proverbs 1:5, James 1:19
Knowing your boundaries Deuteronomy 5:21, Matthew 12:33-37
Settling disputes and misunderstandings Proverbs 20:3 and 17:14, 1 Cor. 6:1-11
.For better or worse
Corinthians 1:3-7 and 4:16-18
Making the best of a bad situation James 1:2-3
Seeing the good in every situation Psalm 46:1
Getting help when you need it Psalm 121:1-2
Causing trouble/Handling trouble Psalm 7:15-16, 1 Thes. 5:14, Psalm 23:1-6
Sticking together in good times and bad Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
.Till death do us part
Keeping a promise 2 Samuel 7:25-29, Nehemiah 5:12-13
Enduring changes and problems Hebrews 13:6
Enjoying Gods gifts 1 Timothy 6:17-19
Marriage (any relationship) is a two-way street Genesis 2:24, Romans 8:35-37
1) Why did Charlene and Dud have to marry twice? Why did Mr. Darling ask Andy for help? Why did he feel comfortable doing so? Why did Andy agree to help?
2) Have you asked for help, with nothing to offer in return (like Briscoe)? Have you threatened others (like Dud) when you faced trouble? Have you ever helped someone (like Andy) without expecting anything in return? Have you (like Ernest T.) ever made trouble for others just to satisfy yourself? Give examples of each.
3) Did Ernest T. have a right to court Charlene and try to charm her with his ways? What did you think of the manner in which he set out to make Charlene his wife? Was he fair to Dud? Was he fair to Charlene?
4) Ernest T. didnt hardly play by the rules. Why did he do the things he did? How can you reason with a person like that? What is the best way to communicate with him/her?
5) No marriage and very few relationships/friendships are easy. What kind of marriage would Charlene have had with Ernest T.? What are the problems Dud and Charlene now face? How can they handle these problems successfully?
6) Are the newlyweds in the clear now with Ernest T.? What did he say he would do to Dud if he werent good to her? Did Bass change his attitude? How do you respond when threatened? What is the real reason Dud should be a good husband to Charlene?
Andy: If you ask me, this Ernest T. Bass is a strange and weird character.
Briscoe: Just plain ornery is what he is.
Barney: I think hes a NUT!