Finding the Way Back to Mayberry
Episode #85, "The Great Filling Station Robbery"
A young man, Jimmy Morgan, is accused of breaking into Wallys garage and stealing supplies. Andy must figure out who the real culprit really is. Barney enters the electronics age when he decides to solve a mysterious string of robberies at Wally's Filling Station using modern police technology. Andy is more concerned with clearing the name of the young man who was given a fresh start with a job at the station and who is chief suspect in the case.
Blaming (Not Building) Better People Barney, Mr. Carter Zec. 7:9-10, Luke 6:37-40
Suspicious Minds Jump to Convenient Conclusions Col. 3:12-14, Proverbs 11:9
Searching for the Truth Requires the Right Attitude 1 Co. 13:1-13, Mt. 22:37-40
Stop Judging a Book By Its Cover Matthew 7:1-5, Romans 2:1, 1 Samuel 16:7
Trusting in the Truth Andy and Gomer Job 15:31
Be Discerning While Focused on Truth Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 7:15-20
Seek the Truth Before Forming an Opinion John 7:24, Psalm 32:8, Amos 5:24
Be Humble/See the Good in Others Ro. 12:9-21, Eph. 4:1-2, Heb.5:2, Mt.18:1-6
Can A Leopard Change Its Spots? Jeremiah 13:23, Matthew 18:15-19
Listen and Pray to Make the Right Decision Isa. 55:6-13, Jas. 2:12-13, Pr.19:20
Turning the Other Cheek Jimmy Morgan Luke 6:27-36
Dont Strike Back in Anger Matthew 5:38-45, 1 Thess. 5:14-15, Proverbs 15:1
Dont Give Up - Proverbs 17:22
Focus on the Good Inside Yourself, Without Putting Others Down Jas. 1:19-27
Have Faith That the Truth Will Prevail Zechariah 4:6, Philippians 2:1-11
Ask God to Heal You of Hurts Involving Trust Ro. 12:1-14, Ps. 138:7 & 27:1-3
God Can Turn Troubles Around (Out of the darkness, the light is
born) Genesis 1:1-5
In Mistakes 2 Kings 4:38-41
In Misunderstandings Acts 15:36-41
In Misfortune Acts 16:16-40
In Misery Matthew 9:18-26
1) What was your first impression of Mr. Carter? Of Jimmy? Why do you think Mr. Carter accused him of stealing? Why didnt he calm down after Jimmys explanation?
2) What did Mr. Carter mean when he said he didnt want someone like Jimmy around? Do you think many people had trusted Jimmy before? Did Andy have much reason to trust him? Why did he give him so many chances? Why didnt Barney do the same?
3) Why do you think the Hanson boys picked the week Wally was gone to rob the station? Why didnt Gomer worry about hiring Jimmy, after hearing the rumors about him? Do you think Andy would have caught the crooks if it hadnt been for Jimmy?
4) Surely Jimmy realized the reputation he was getting, especially with people like Mr. Carter voicing their opinions. Why didnt he grow bitter or give up? Of the three electronal marvels in this episode, whose was the most efficient in law enforcement?
5) Can a person be too trusting? Have you ever given up on someone who needed your trust? Have you ever been deceived by somebody you trusted? How would you feel (and react) if someone unfairly accused you? We have heard, The night is darkest just before the dawn. What do you do when you find yourself in these dark situations?
Andy: I guess well have to chalk one up to the youth of today, Barn . not to mention good ol scientific know-how!