Re: Shad baits for Striper at Smith Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Price on August 28, 2003 at 14:45:22:

In Reply to: Re: Shad baits for Striper at Smith Lake posted by flyfisher on August 24, 2003 at 21:54:13:

Well actually yes. I grew up right by the dam. I spent countless hours fishing it with my great grandfather that owned the property that is now located from the pump house all the way to the curve in the river below the double bridges(parkers bridge) We would go to the dam and we would talk to the security there or one of the workers as my grandpa knew them all and they actually knew. Of course that was in the 70's and early 80's. But yes you could actually get a human to tell you something. I lived in a house at the base of "killer hill" coming from Jasper right before you get to the double bridges and next to the Smith Dam road entrance until it burned. I hate to sound a braggert but I have probably spent more time on that particualr section of the river than anyone else I know of still living. I now every knook and cranny of that whole valley. So yes I actually know of what I speak. I am not an out of stater that just moved in and thinks that I know what I am talking about. I have fished the river before and since the dam. We ran trap lines,hunted game,limb lines,fishing poles,trot lines the whole lenght of the river from present day Richards Marina to about a milke below what we called the "L" where the river hooks a right below the bridges.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]