NAFF Rules of Conduct, Duplicate messages, etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on August 28, 2003 at 00:02:25:

It is been a long time since I posted a message such as this, but it is long over due.

The NAFF is a non-commercial message board. As such, I don't allow blatant commercial advertisements. Some people have decided to try and push the limits of this rule and I have tried to be fair and as impartial as I can in how I handle these situations. However, pushing the limits not only puts into question the voracity of the poster, but also pushes the NAFF closer to the possibility of closing the forum.

I have seen a few message boards go to a "subscriber only can post" type of message board for similar reasons including spam messages, but it has only made those forums less than informative and current as it has limited access to many who would prefer to remain "anonymous", or at least think they are. (evil grin)

Fortunately, the NAFF has not had a lot of trouble from truely trash spam messages, but there have been a few. The real problem has always been from folks who can't understand or get around the fact that this is NOT a place to advertise themselves, their products or services. Neither is it a place to post "wanted" or classified type "ads". More than one person in particular should take stock now. You know who you are.

For the most part, I want to thank all of the fantastic folks who use and support the NAFF! It is nearly 4 years old now and I could not have expected anything better than the group of loyal supporters that continue to maintain the rules and spirit of the NAFF. My sincerest appreciation to you!

One other note: most regular posters on the NAFF know that clicking the submit button ONCE is all that is needed to make a post on the NAFF. Thanks for the majority of you that can read and follow directions and not be so impatient that you click again within only a few seconds. Boy I wish those few could have learned programming using punch cards when it took over a week to get a 10,000 line program's results back from the mainframe. Too many people today are too accustomed to immediate satisfaction and a few can't even wait 2 seconds before trying again. Literally!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

Please read the NAFF rules of conduct and the mission statement!

NAFF Rules of Conduct
http://home.hiwaay.net/~ksgrisse/wwwboard/messages/welcome.html

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]