Re: Catfishing in decatur

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Ball, Attorney at Law on August 22, 2003 at 10:55:07:

In Reply to: Re: Catfishing in decatur posted by Patrick Wooten on August 20, 2003 at 12:14:40:

OK, guys.... I tried it last night. No luck. Please tell me what I did wrong.

First of all, there's three (3) places on the south bank of the river where barges are loaded/unloaded. One is Alabama Farmers Co-op, the other is Meow Mix, and the other is unknown to me (conagra???) Anyway, I only caught one cat off a cricket. I tried rooster liver, canadian crawlers, dead shad minnows, and live bream, all fished on bottom or just off bottom. No luck. Did this from 8:30 to 11:30 last night.

I pulled in under the tie-off cables and back between the barge and the bank. It seemed like a great place. I was fishing in the eddy, and not in the current. I was on the downstream side of what I call a "barge seal".....the big brown things that barges tie to.

I noticed that the western-most barge loading facility was spilling some type of grain or material into the water. If you can stand the dust, it seems like a good area for fishing.

Tell me what to do. I even threw out a couple of jugs for fun....with bream on them. No luck.

-Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]