Re: Looking maybe to move to Northern Alabama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on August 14, 2003 at 10:17:11:

In Reply to: Looking maybe to move to Northern Alabama posted by Castaic Dave on August 13, 2003 at 23:56:47:

I was raised in Scottsboro, went to college in Hsv (UAH), and now live in Athens, but work in Hsv. When we camp, we usually do it in Scottsboro. The fishing there is usually quite good. The schools in Scottsboro are better than avg. Athens schools are about the same. I've found that there are several schools in the counties surrounding Huntsville that are like old-fashioned country schools with very tight communities but offer a better than avg basic education. You don't get as much advanced studies in the county high schools (i.e., advanced placement calculus), but their discipline/drug problems are less. And, best of all their is a very high parental involvement in the schools and the majority of the teachers live by values similar to our parent's values. In other words, the kids are held accountable. This is a major plus to me. You'll find that there is less political correctness at these schools also. Good luck, if I can help drop me an email. My wife just recently transitioned from the aerospace industry to social services (mental health therapy).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]