Re: Looking maybe to move to Northern Alabama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob G on August 14, 2003 at 09:14:02:

In Reply to: Looking maybe to move to Northern Alabama posted by Castaic Dave on August 13, 2003 at 23:56:47:

Castaic Dave -

My family moved me to Huntsville (kicking and screaming) from sunny southern California back in 1960. My mom has said that the finest thing she ever saw was the Los Angeles city limits sign in the rear view. As a young adult I got out of this redneck backwater place and tried to live in various other spots (including San Jose) but learned that they all pretty much sucked in comparison to home.

HSV is a great place to live and work - especially if you are a techie of some sort. We don't have movie stars, it does rain and we do have lightning, and sometimes snow. You will have to learn how to sweat if you want to fish in the summer, and you will need some warm clothes to fish in the winter. If you have allergies now you will either get over them or move back to where you came from.

And yep, we can go fishing. The lakes are a lot more crowded than they used to be, but if folks will take care of the resources there are still enough to go around. I do forsee that we will need to tighten up on the rules to cope with the crowds.

My advice is to give it a try, and tell all your friends that this is a horrible place so they stay where they are.

happy trails - Rob G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]