Re: Troy Jens

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ron Alexander on August 08, 2003 at 23:14:30:

In Reply to: Re: Troy Jens posted by ew on June 29, 2003 at 21:35:13:

Their are alot of problems and issues the state needs to work on. I am an avid angler and have fished with Troy on 2 or 3 trips. I am also a law enforcment officer in this state. Troy is a good guy and and I consider him a friend. The real issue is not the state and its not the laws and its not the officers. The real issue is the people who are breaking the laws. How do we deal with them? Hiring more officers isnt going to fix the problem. The supreme court has ruled the the offender would have committed the crime whether or not the officer is their to observe it. Unfortunately the misdemeanor has to be observed by a law enforcment officer in order for a citation or arrest to be made. On a felony the officer has to act like any reasonable and prudent person would under the same circumstances. Meaning the officer does not have to witness a felony to make an arrest. He has to believe more than probable cause and less than absolute certainty under a reasonable suspicion the person committed the felony. People who break these laws dont care and their not sportsman their poachers. Their is a fine line between public relations and law enforcment on a political level. Ive also learned that as a law enforcement officer I cant save the world. For every incident that is filed 4 more are being committed and unreported or undetected. But we try our best to make a difference and that is best we can offer at the time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]