Re: Sores ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on July 29, 2003 at 22:51:06:

In Reply to: Sores ? posted by Van on July 25, 2003 at 10:30:41:

I have done a lot more bass fishing this summer than I usually do, although most of it has been from the bank.

The major thing I have noticed with the bass I have been catching is not only the red sores (not eustrongylides), but mainly the anemic look of the bass. I caught one that was about 2.5 pounds, but judging by his head and total length should have been easily over 4 pounds, maybe more, if it had been healthy. I have caught many more smaller bass with the same condition. Very few bass that I have caught could be called healthy fish.

Even with the bass I have caught that look to be in better shape, they do not have a filled out, healthy look about them with very, very few exceptions.

I don't know if this is the LMB virus, but there is definitely a problem at least with the health of the bass on Wheeler. Given the lousy crappie and bream season I had over the previous year, I am curious to see if some sort of connection is made between the problems with the health of the bass and other fishes on Wheeler.

I have read, second hand, that the state biologists say the LMB virus problem on Wheeler is subsiding, but I haven't read anything directly from any freshwater biologist even attempting to explain the problems that I and many other fishermen have seen and continue to see on Wheeler.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]