Re: STRIPE AT WHEELER DAM

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by THE TRANSPORTER on July 23, 2003 at 18:21:47:

In Reply to: Re: STRIPE AT WHEELER DAM posted by jd on July 22, 2003 at 22:39:06:

YEAH, I HAVE CAUGHT MOST OF MY STRIPE ABOVE WHEELER DAM (LIKE SECOND CREEK AND THE ELK RIVER IN THE LATE FALL)BUT THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN KILLING THE STRIPE IN JUNE AND EVEN JULY BELOW THE DAM.I MEAN I CATCH MY LIMIT EVER TIME I GO IN THOSE TWO MONTHS.UNLIKE IN THE EARLY SPRING AND LATE FALL IN THE CREEKS I CAUGHT SMALLER FISH LIKE 1 TO 2 POUNDS.THE FISH I CAUGHT BELOW THE DAM WEIGHT IS LIKE 3 TO 13 POUNDS.BUT I HAVE CAUGHT HYBRITS AND ROCK FISH.I FISH WITH A 1ONCE SINKER(DEPENDING ON THE WATER CURRENT OR HOW CLOSE I WANT TO GET TO THE TURBINES)THEN A SWIVEL THEN ABOUT 13INCH LITTER WITH A FLUTTER SPOON TIED ON.I HAVE USED THE UNBRELLA RIG BUT IT TAKES MORE TIME TO TAKE THEM OFF THEN YOU HAVE TO FISH.WHAT A MESS AND HOOKS IN YOUR HANDS.I DO UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT STRIPE GO FATHER DOWN IN THE HOT WEATHER AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR ME IN THE SMALL RIVERS BUT NOT AT THE DAM.ANYWAYS THINKS FOR THE ANSWER BACK AND NICE TALKING TO YOU ABOUT THESE HARD FIGHTING GREAT FISH.GOOD LUCK ON THE BASS BY THE WAY AND TIGHT LINES.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]