Re: inquiring about BIG CAT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JASON on July 14, 2003 at 11:05:20:

In Reply to: inquiring about BIG CAT posted by TennesseeWildBill on July 13, 2003 at 22:04:00:

if you are familliar with brown's ferry nuclear plant, i have found a spot there where one of their run-off pipes empties into lake. when their ponds heat up it shocks the 3-6 inch shad and they float out this pipe. position your boat about 30 feet directly in front of this pipe and anchor up. then cast away from the bank toward open water. there is a drop-off and the cats seem to stack up there and wait on a meal to be delivered. we usually put out three or four rods baited with a variety...shad works best, but shrimp is almost as good;liver and nightcrawlers catch smaller fish. we use a three-way rig with 1 ounce sinkers and a 4/0 to 7/0 circle hook. if i could figure out how to post a pic i would show you what to expect there...i hope this helps out. we have good luck there i'd say 3 out of 4 trips, so its pretty productive, and we catch,photograph, and then release them all, mostly blues with some large channel cats too. good luck and dont forget the net!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]