Re: apples and oranges, Kerry..ALSO

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Crappie King on July 02, 2003 at 07:06:56:

In Reply to: Re: apples and oranges, Kerry..ALSO posted by katfish on July 01, 2003 at 21:20:25:

I'm not sure if I read the law right or not , but here's my thoughts.
I read the law as it is , it seems to me that the law is more along the lines of the folks that use nets, or other forms(dynamite,etc.) of takeing fish. Or taking more then the limit of game fish, and then tring to HIDE them.
I do know that when a warden does write a ticket for no licnese HE DOES TELL YOU CAN FISH THE REST OF THE DAY, AND IF ANOTHER WARDEN CHECKS YOU AGAIN, JUST SHOW HIM THE TICKET. THATS YOUR FISHING LICNESE FOR THE DAY.
And he Does Not take your catch, that is if your fishing with a Rod and Reel combo, not sure bout fishing with a net or trotline,etc.
Personally I think and feel what Marten did was WRONG, but then again what FLW did was also WRONG. Think about it, FLW should have issued a licnese at the Fishermens Meeting they hold, think about it the Pros did pay them $2500 to fish and the Co-anglers paid $600(or 800 can't remember which it was), all they needed to do was have a table set up and each fisherman go by and they hand them thier licnese, they knew who was fishing, they could have already been filled out, FLW could have paid for them. it don't seem like a lot but think about it 350 anglers(on the avg. of $20 each) that's $7000. And I know it could be higher then that. That would help the states funding alot.
What I would like to know, if Marten didn't have a licnese, how many other's didn't have 1 either?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]