final quiz

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on July 01, 2003 at 20:15:20:

In Reply to: Re: License possession / jd the poacher posted by jd on July 01, 2003 at 19:34:50:

1. If I live in Marshall County and fish the Marshall Co. portion of Guntersville Lake, doesn't this mean I do not need a license? Seems not according to Alabama Code Section 9-11-53.

2. When fishing in a county lake with toughy or shiner minnnows, you should release unused minnows to supplement the natural food source of the lake? NO! No minnow release in a county lake, but you can fish with live minnows. Seems I have "poached" again based on this law.

3. Is it legal to use gamefish for bait? Yes, you can use types of sunfish such as bluegill, redear sunfish, green sunfish and/or any other species of bream so long as you do not possess more than the legal daily limit.

My first trip to a county lake was Chambers County lake. Believe it or not, I did not know much about county lakes and did not know a permit was required. I pulled up, saw water, and started fishing. The game warden checked me that afternoon, and let me go and purchase a permit without incident. He probably thought I was lying, but I am grateful he believed me.

According to some beliefs in this forum, it seems I have "poached" 3 times now, and honest to God, have tried my best to obey all laws with a lifetime license since I was 18 years old. I even messed that one up when I moved to Georgia temporarily and came home to fish with that "lifetime" license in my possession. Hmmmm... thank goodness some of you guys are not the lawman, judge, and/or jury!

I am all about protecting our natural resources, but believe that diplomacy is a must for any type of government reform. Like my daddy always said, you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]