Re: Regulations as related to justice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by discopop on June 30, 2003 at 22:07:13:

In Reply to: Regulations as related to justice posted by MD on June 30, 2003 at 20:55:50:

Before I became disabled, I use to be a police officer. Back then anything in a persons posession that was illegal was considered contraband. Contraband was to be taken for evidence. This case was the fish were not contraband they could be legally posessed. He did not have illegal fish, he fished illegally. I think this is why they say they did'nt confiscate his fish. Like in states where they have seasons and same situation he would have been charged with no fishing license, and here is where the fish would be confiscated according to them (maybe)he had illegal fish because they could not legally be posessed out of season therefore making them contraband. And best I remember illegal deer were to be given to the game warden to be took to the county jail for the prisoners to clean and food for inmates even the ones hit by cars because they were not taken legally. So I think the fish is contraband because if he did not have a license to catch them, how could he possibly posess them if he caught them illegally. NOT I think the law is just as plain as Troy or someone put on the board.If they were taken by illegal means they are to be confiscated if alive release'em in a good place and if they are dead carry'em to the jail if the law has'nt changed and i doubt it has. My 2 cents from me, sorry about some of the spelling. discopop p.s I feel for the game warden I think he did what he beleived to be correct but poor ole' timmy!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]