Re: Forgot to add

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 30, 2003 at 21:56:16:

In Reply to: Re: Forgot to add posted by ew on June 30, 2003 at 21:33:45:

Whew! Maybe it is a good thing that you are no longer in law enforcement! (grin)

I have always and continue to support the dedicated officers who have sworn to enforce the laws of our state. However, in this case, the larger implications of officers either ignoring, interpreting or not knowing the law can not be ignored by anyone who is truely concerned with protecting our natural resources or our rights as citizens for that matter.

I have no problem with and hope all officers use common sense and good judgement while enforcing the law, but I don't expect or want them to selectively enforce or ignore the law. I am truly appalled that so many people can't grasp the long term implications and detriment that this type of behavior will have not only on our fish resource, but on our society in general. I guess 8 years of Clinton "ethics" did a lot more damage than anyone thought.

I knew I wasnt going to make any new friends when I starting looking into this whole deal and most people would never have taken the time to research it and bring the issue up, but I am truly concerned about fishing in Alabama and the future of it. That is a big part of why I started this site and run it as a free service to the fishermen of Alabama.

I will continue to stand firm on what I have already said, unless someone can show factual legal evidence/proof that I am wrong. Simply saying that is the way we have always done it does not make it legal or right or the law.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]