Re: Forgot to add

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on June 30, 2003 at 21:12:26:

In Reply to: Re: Agree with Kerry. posted by TroyJ on June 30, 2003 at 20:44:28:

Are the fish caught with no license taken by illegal means? Dang right, no license, it's illegal to fish for them, or catch them. How much clearer can that be...

For the deal that caused all the hubub, I don't fault the warden. True, the law should be enforced as written, but there is some unspoken leeway for all of us when we break a law such as not having a license. Lets face it, I don't mind being checked, but I don't want the wardens or police left without judgement in the manner they enforce the law. What about crappie, I mean they can check the length to the line and give no leeway, the same goes for possession limits, they can and have come to homes and checked freezers. If we demand the letter of the law, we all better be prepared to be perfect on the water. I make sure all my fish amply measure, and I never keep enough to go over the possession limit, but many folks do.

I honestly don't think the warden knew the consequences of letting the pro take the fish back to the weigh-in, if that is what he did. He may not have even checked the livewell. A lot of times, wardens do not know much about pro-level tournaments. (I'll bet they're brushing up...lol).

It's not the fact that the pro had fish, it's the fact that he was fishing in the first place without the piece of paper we are required to carry when we go out there. I am a pro angler, I make my sole living fishing, guiding and fishing tournaments. This warden proved that even pros are subject to the law, and I'm glad for that. I believe they should have some flexability because we all make mistakes. They don't have to issue warnings, they can just nail us to the wall.

In this case there was another standard broken, one that FLW should have never let slide, and it's FLW that should have nailed the pro.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]