Re: Alabama law, enforcement, Commissioner of DCNR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 29, 2003 at 17:53:35:

In Reply to: Re: Alabama law, enforcement, Commissioner of DCNR posted by MD on June 29, 2003 at 17:41:31:

It has nothing to do with forgiving nor does it have to do with innocent until proven guilty.

The law states that you must have a valid license "in your possession". Regardless of whether or not you have purchased one.

The man did not have one in his possession and, so far, has not been able to produce one that was valid at the time. But, here again, that IS STILL NOT THE POINT!

Are you saying that you agree that the practice of allowing poachers to keep their catch and keep fishing is OK?

I certainly don't think it is. This has very little to do with Martens personally, but the whole issue of enforcing the laws of the state of Alabama. Read the law for your self. A link to the actual code and the text have been posted a couple of times in my previous posts.

The way this law is being "enforced" now is an open invitation to poachers, as it is clear that no serious penalty will ensue.

I guess I just don't understand why this point is so hard for some folks to see.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]