Re: Fishing Without A Liscense

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 29, 2003 at 17:47:57:

In Reply to: Fishing Without A Liscense posted by Larry on June 29, 2003 at 15:59:37:

Larry, you apparently missed my point entirely. (sigh)

The fact that the game wardens have apparently made this a "routine' practice does not change the fact that they are not following the law they are sworn to enforce as written in the code of Alabama.

I really don't care about Martens with the exception that he was, by definition, poaching. The state of Alabama allowed him to continue poaching and keep his illegally taken catch. He gained a purse of $200,000 while poaching. Not to mention that he lied about his license or at least gave 2 different stories about how he "purchased" them. But who cares, right?

This is a major problem for the state of Alabama which already has enough problems with poaching. Now, we have a nationally recognized and publicized event which awards a huge purse to a poacher and showing clearly that the state of Alabama sanctions poaching.

Am I the only one here who is outraged that our state doesn't even enforce our fish and game laws as written? I sincerely hope not. If I am, then it is a sad statement indeed about the ethics of Alabama fishermen as a whole.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]