Re: FLW vs. bass population

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rckmn on June 27, 2003 at 13:16:47:

In Reply to: FLW vs. bass population posted by Mike Kelley on June 25, 2003 at 11:28:24:

Nice wtite-up. I personnaly do not fish tournements and questions their benifit on the bass population. However, as a scientist, I am always open minded when I see data. I think tournement sponsers have the best oportunity to obtain this data as there are so many fish collected. Part of the entery fee monies (I know it will lessin the pot), should go to tagging and recording data on a state-wide database. For each tournement, there are scales, and each fish is inspected. Simply note this information, note the location of the lake is was caught, and place a tag in the fish. When the fish is caught again (if it lives) in a tournement, this data can be reentered and it will provide data regarding the fish mortality rate as well as if the fish stays in the range of where it was released in the prior tourney or if it went back to its original habitat. Just an idea that will probably never happen unless the tourney organizers really cared about the fish populations. Anyway, good luck everyone and all of the bass.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]