Re: bASS Tournaments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 26, 2003 at 21:50:25:

In Reply to: Re: bASS Tournaments posted by MarkC. on June 26, 2003 at 11:53:08:

Mark,

I appreciate your posts and knowledge that you share here. It helps make the NAFF a good resource of fishing information for North Alabama.

If you are actually seeing a lot of folks taking over the limit of bass or any other fish for that matter for whatever reason, please take the time to note as much about these poachers as you can and report them!!!

Even though the number of law enforcement officers we have is limited, the ones I know are avid about catching poachers and will do their best to catch them. With everyone's help, I believe a lot of them will eventually be caught, although I think the penalties are not strict enough.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

Does your tournament use the salt dip technique before release? During the warmer months, I will bet your delayed mortality is much higher than you would like to think about even while taking major steps in the safe handling of the fish. If you are not using the salt dip technique, ask Jimmy Yarbrough (ABA) about it as he was involved in a study last year that had impressive results in a controlled study.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]