Re: bASS Tournaments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 26, 2003 at 18:14:34:

In Reply to: Re: bASS Tournaments posted by BlueWater on June 26, 2003 at 10:20:06:

I am not surprised that the FLW doesn't have any rule pertaining to breaking the laws of the state in which one of their tournaments is held, although if they were really responsible the tournament rules would have disqualified the man on the spot! The FLW is showing their lack of regard for our natural resource once again.

However, I am surprised and didn't know that fishing without a valid license was not due cause for the game warden to effect the release of the illegally caught fish! I am not normally one to call for more laws on the books of the state of Alabama, but in this case an addition needs to be made to include such a provision. It is simple common sense! One other thing that should be done is to find the funding to put enough dedicated game and fish officers into the field to be able to effectly enforce our fish and game laws. At only 2 officers per county in Alabama and less than that in some counties, there is no way even the most dedicated force of officers can do the job effectively.

Lastly, my hat is off to officer Chris Champion! He and the rest of our game wardens have a tough job to do given the large area they have to cover with a very limited number of officers in the field. Thanks to all of our dedicated game and fish officers!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]