Re: FLW weigh-in?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 25, 2003 at 01:18:50:

In Reply to: Re: FLW weigh-in? posted by Crappie King on June 25, 2003 at 00:29:26:

I agree that if the bass tournaments would follow the better standards of Ray Scott and BASS, this debate would be much more limited. Unfortunately, the FLW is apparently not concerned about bass mortality and fishing ethics as much as they would like people to think.

I don't have any knowledge of black bass hatchlings being released on Wheeler or any other lake in North Alabama. To my knowledge, striped bass are the only (aside from the stocking of trout below Smith, etc.) fish stocked by the DCNR into the public waters of the Tennessee river. I could be wrong, but I have never read anything about stocking black bass, crappie, etc. on any Tennessee river lakes in north Alabama. If you know where there is documentation of recent stocking of any fish other than striped bass into the Tennessee river in north Alabama, please point me to it. Maybe Keith Floyd or Doug Darr will read this thread and chime in with his first hand knowledge? (smile)

I wasn't sure about this last FLW tourney as far as locking through to Wilson goes. I know some tournaments hold the anglers to a certain lake. I was told that this was the case with the recent FLW tournament. Since this was hearsay, I wasn't betting my life on it. (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]