Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 6-25-2003

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on June 24, 2003 at 21:04:50:

DATE: 06-25-03
LAKE LEVEL: 563.6
FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: Low to mid 80's
WATER CLARITY: The river channel is a little rough, most of the lake is in pretty good shape.

CRAPPIE: Not much in the daytime. Still doing pretty good at night under the bridges. A lot of short fish. Live bait is your
best bet.

BASS: Spots and Largemouth's have moved out to the old river channel. Soft baits, Carolina rig early. Pose 400 crankbait.
White/Chartreuse, Chartreuse/Black. Long deep points are very productive. The dog days of summer are here.

STRIPE: I do not have a clue. Still catching a few in the tailwater but that is rough fishing and not for the weak of heart.

BREAM: They will be back the last of August or the first of September.

WHITE BASS: They have been schooling pretty regular from the mouth of Mud Creek up to Ballplay late in the afternoon.

CATFISH: Jug fishermen are doing well with cut bait. The bank fishermen are doing OK around the fish cleaning stations. I
don't see many trot lines but I am sure they are doing OK too.

Poaching: (This should be called stealing) We have a lot of 9 1/2 - 9 3/4 fish. We are 3 months away and these fish will be
legal. We should have the best fall season that we have had in years if everybody will leave the short fish alone. If you see
someone keeping short fish, please call Gamewatch at 1-800-272-4263. You will not have to testify against them. DNR will
take care of that. We don't have enough conservation officers but everyone with a cell phone can assist.
Fishing is going to be a little slow from now on except at night. We are going back to the early and late pattern.
As always if you need any help just "holler" 256-927-6617
Have a great summer! Enjoy your children or your grandchildren and take them fishing. Steve, Butch, & Harry.
www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]