Re: FLW weigh-in?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 24, 2003 at 15:33:27:

In Reply to: Re: FLW weigh-in? posted by Bud on June 24, 2003 at 14:55:23:

Bud, you wanted to know how many crappie I caught this year? I dont have my records in front of me but I recall I put up between 450 and 700 crappie this year. Before you go off the deep end, you are probably wondering what I do with all those crappie right? In september, my brother-in-law has a big dove shoot. I cook fish for everyone. Every year it gets bigger and bigger! I wonder why????? Last year 75 people showed up. Some came strictly for the hunt and fish and some just showed up to eat.

As far as the 60's are concerned, I really did not start fishing for crappie until the early 70's. At this time I caught BIG white crappie on Guntersville but not alot in quantity.

Over the years I have come to a conclusion and that is crappie run in cycles. I do catch alot more nowadays but not as big. This past year, the crappie seemed to run small. Kerry and I would go out and catch over 100 at times but only a few would be big enough to keep each trip. I think we omly limited 3 times this past year. The rest would be 18 here and 20 there. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]