Re: FLW weigh-in?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bud on June 24, 2003 at 14:55:23:

In Reply to: Re: FLW weigh-in? posted by Red on June 24, 2003 at 13:30:21:

Your last post indicates what I am trying to say.

If I remember right Tom Mann and his partner had one of the heaviest stringers in tournament history back in the early 70's. They had 30 fish that weighed around 250 lbs, that is a 8 pound average! If my memory is right, it was lake Eufaula were this record was set.

My previous post in reference to being extinct was the fish bass would become extinct not the BASS program. The BASS Program will continue until the last bass is caught.

I would like to ask one question, maybe a few. How many Crappie did you catch this year? What size was the fish? Early 60ís, how many did you catch and what size were the fish? I fished from the Decatur Boat Harbor during this period of time, usually in the late Fall. Most days when I arrived I would see maybe three trailers in the parking lot and late in the afternoon when I returned I noticed they all had called it a day and departed. Fishing was good and the fishermen were courteous. Then came the Crappie tournaments and the introduction of the Salt Water Stripes into our lakes and more pressure on the fish in general. Now what has happened to the good days of Crappie fishing. I think every one should fish but use good judgment in the keep, catch and release programs. Yes I would like to see a three fish limit as the rule for all Bass Tournaments. Not going below Wheeler Dam and fish all night and keeping 50 under sized Small Mouth Bass. Items like lowering the limit and size restriction has made a great impact on the life of our fishing.

P.S You asked why Wheeler Lake and not Wilson Lake or Pickwick Lake for the Tournament.
Answer no size limit on Bass in Wheeler Lake!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]