Re: FLW weigh-in?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 24, 2003 at 10:54:27:

In Reply to: Re: FLW weigh-in? posted by Bud on June 24, 2003 at 09:02:42:

Bud as long as the BASS is a multi-billion dollar species, it will never go extinct! Organizations such as FLW and B.A.S.S invest alot of money into the resource and they will NOT let it go extinct! I was just courious as the location of weigh-in.

It was not long ago when I overheard some people talking at a local ramp when they saw a couple old men walking up the ramp with a large stringer of bass. There were several in the 6 pound range. Apparently these guys were going to take them home and clean them. The individuals on the ramp were just finishing a tournament and some of the comments they said were very hipocritical. I myself agree that there are far more better taisting fish in our lakes than BASS. I love to catch bream and crappie. As for those who like BASS, as long as they follow their local creel laws and regulations, more power to them. I get sick and tired of "SOME" people who point fingers at those who decide to keep bass and yet have no problem killing bass as long as there is MONEY to be made. Dont get me wrong, the BASS fishing industry has done alot for the sport that we all enjoy today. There are individuals out there though that when it comes to pointing fingers, they do not apply as long as they are making money doing it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]