Re: another gator on wheeler

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bluewater on June 16, 2003 at 07:58:26:

In Reply to: Re: another gator on wheeler posted by flyfisher on June 15, 2003 at 12:59:06:

Well, I'll throw in on this one. There ARE gators in North Alabama... on WWR and RSA and surrounding areas. I have personally seen several in the 8-10 ft range on both Wheeler Refuge and on Redstone. I have a picture of a 10 ft+ that was taken 2 wks ago on RSA. Being originally from Florida, I've seen (and handled) a good number of the critters and know how to judge size/temperment. There are some nice lizards living around here - just not a bunch. The floods do little to "displace" the larger gators and that is likely why little ones are being seen in local waterways... By the way, there have been no active re-stockings of the gators in over 25 yrs - so where do you think the "little" ones are coming from??? Yeah, that's right, they also reproduce up here... To bad this site does not allow for posting of pictures - because I could post a few from around this area for those unbelievers. All in all an alligator is LESS dangerous than an adult water moccison - and if you leave either of them alone, 99 times out of 100 they will leave you alone too!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]