Decatur mayflies/willowflies

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 14, 2003 at 00:00:20:

So far, at least to my knowledge, there have been no major hatches on the Hwy 31 causeway north of Decatur. Also, the city council of Decatur has decided to cut down ALL of the trees along the west side of that causeway. Gees! I don't think I have ever seen a more incompetent group of idiots running a city government in all of my days! I don't know who's "brain child" this was, but this city council has to go, ALL OF THEM, mayor included!

OK, now that I have gotten that off my chest... (I know, tell me what you really think...grin)

There have been a couple of reports of major hatches downstream of Decatur, but none in the Decatur area. This is the area, especially the Hwy31 causeway, about which I make my predictions for mayfly hatches. So far, my earlier prediction of a very late hatch has come true, but with the warmer weather, I am really expecting to see a major hatch soon. Within the next week or so. (fingers crossed)

Fishing at the pumps north of Decatur has slowed down to nothing and fishing on Hwy 67 hasn't been much better. This is all fishing from the bank. I haven't had my boat out in quite a while, so I can't say what is going on where I can't reach from the bank lately.

Oh well, vote them all out! And, as always,

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: