Posted by Tom on June 07, 2003 at 21:47:01:
I have a 1992 model Mercury 200 EFI. My warning horn came on recently, but not like it is a water pump problem. The horn was a fast pulse, not a steady horn. It was not overheating, and seemed good temperature wise. I found a wire off the canister on the front right side of the motor. This wire was plugged into a connector on the bottom of the canister. Was this my problem, and did I fix the problem by re-connecting it? I shut it down immediately and got towed to the ramp without running it very much. I haven't ran the motor again on the water, but did run it with a water jacket hooked to it at the house, and the horn did not come back on again. I feel like this was my problem, but would like to hear some of your opinions about it, before I go out on a fishing trip again, and worry about making it a short trip again. Thanks for any help with this.
Post a Followup