Re: Guntersville bream

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 06, 2003 at 07:22:27:

In Reply to: Guntersville bream posted by Kerry Grissett on June 05, 2003 at 22:55:44:

Like Kerry said this was his and my last trip to Guntersville for the Bream and Shellcracker. I looked back at my log book and this is what I have put together. I have lost it as a "Shellcracker" fisherman. Although I did catch some really nice one's this year along with Kerry's, we never really found any BIG shellcracker. Kerry have discussed this and have come up with several ideas. The flood that we had back in May did not help our fish finding abilities. It seemed to us that although we started earlier this year than last, we were to early this year! Kerry and I did catch alot of fish and to my records this is the data.

Number of trips 12.
2 trips to Guntersville Alreds.
4 trips to Guntersville Honeycomb.
5 trips to Guntersville Goosepond.
1 trip to Spring creek Wheeler

Baits used, Keystone minnow, small spinnerbait and crickets.

2 trips to Alreads =122 total fish, 37 shellcracker and 85 bluegill.

4 trips to Honeycomb=190 total fish, 43 Shellcracker and 147 bluegill.

5 trips to Goosepond=390 total fish, 91 Shellcracker and 299 Bluegill.

1 trip to Springcreek=79 total fish, 57 Shellcracker and 22 Bluegill.

Out of 12 trips we cought 781 total fish, 228 Shellcracker and 553 Bluegill. I know this sounds like alot of fish but we did not limit but once. We had several trips that if we would have not been so "Spoiled" and picky we could have kept several limits. The fish this year for us averaged on the small side. Kerry had BIG fish that weighed right at a pound, maybee a liitle over!

After our last trip, we decided next year we are going to concentrate more on off shore humps. I think I suggested that in my article that I wrote several years ago! I need to start practicing what I preach, I know better!

Good luck to everyone and wear those life Jackets.
Special thanks to Kerry this bream season for the friendship and "Butt whippens" I will get you next year Kerry!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]