Re: age limit for tournaments?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 05, 2003 at 23:47:31:

In Reply to: age limit for tournaments? posted by wmrebelpop-r on June 05, 2003 at 16:35:57:

That is a good question. Although I have never fished any tournaments, either local or otherwise, I have never heard of any age restrictions. Although there may be some age restrictions on some larger tournaments, I have never heard or read anything stating such. As long as you are legally authorized to operate a boat in the state of Alabama and have a valid fishing license, I don't know of any problems you should have other than dealing with rude and discourteous boaters/fishermen.

Of course, don't take my word for it. Contact the folks responsible for the tournaments you are interested in to be sure. Also, given your stated age, get your parents involved if you are serious about getting into any tournament and make sure that you are fully aware of all of the rules and regulations regarding water safety.

It wouldn't surprise me that you are already more fully aware of the rules and laws of water safety and are more compliant than many older folks. I hope this is true! There are a LOT of folks older than you on the water who have deleloped very bad and dangerous habits but don't even realize (stupidity? or ignorance?... more on that later...) the dangerous conditions and hazardous situations they very often create.

OK, enough of my acknowledging discourteous and dangerous boaters. Just please don't be one! Use common sense and courtesy on the water, even if it is not what you receive from the other folks you encounter. When possible, report arrogant, dangerous boaters to the marine police.

In any case be careful on the water and,

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: