Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 6-5-2003

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on June 04, 2003 at 21:25:35:

DATE: 6-5-03
LAKE LEVEL: 563.9
FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 74.8
WATER CLARITY: Good in all the creeks and coves, main lake fishable.

CRAPPIE: They are taking a few off brush piles in 12-15 feet of water. Harry is fishing them daily. A few around Cowan Creek
bridge and Spring Creek bridge. They are doing better at night. A few are still being taken around the docks.

BASS: Spinner Baits and Buzz baits early around the grass. Shallow docks flippin later on in the day.A few starting to show
up on the humps. Carolina rigged lizards, blue seems to be the best color.

STRIPE: I do not have a clue. The back end of Yellow Creek was holding some when the water got up. Tailrace is
producing some fish. Berry College and DNR have tagged some stripe with radio receivers. Please be on the lookout for
these stripe. They will have a wire coming off their backs. Please record the info and turn the fish loose. These devices are
very expensive. Butch, Harry and myself will be looking for the stripe and I will pass along the info as soon as I know.

CATFISH: The jug fishermen are doing pretty good.

Cheryl and I send our sincere regards to all that have had Cheryl in their prayers during this last month when she has been
so ill. She is back up to par now and doing good. I apologize to all those who have been waiting to hear from me. We
should be totally back up to speed this week.
As I am now back in business with my right hand, if anyone needs some help I will certainly be glad to try. Give me a call or
send me an email and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Good Fishing to all and Have A Great Summer! Steve,
Cheryl, Butch & Harry 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]