Re: Die Hard Crappie Anglers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 20, 2003 at 15:47:58:

In Reply to: Die Hard Crappie Anglers posted by callshy on May 20, 2003 at 13:31:21:

Callshy, I am a die hard crappie angler but when it comes to summer patterns-I give up! Over the years I have tried at night and during the day. I primarily concerntrated on deep water structure such as intersecting creek channels that dump out into the main river. I have also tried humps, ledges and deep water stumprows. I have also tried bridges at night. I had caught several crappie trying all these techniques but have never limited out on good crappie. Kerry and I fish alot together and have decided that in order for us to start crappie fishing in the summer, someone is going to have to show us and prove to us that it is worth the effort. Keep in mind that Kerry and I are very spoiled so going out all day in the BURNING sun and only being able to catch 10 or 15 just is not worth the trouble. We have had offers in the past but they never seem to materialize. In many ways I dont blame people for not advertising summer crappie. I feel that if someone can master the summer crappie, they are far more superior than myself! I catch crappie when they seem to be stupid! Starting in October, all the way through the spawn is when I do the most damage. During these times crappie follow the forage and if one can keep up with the food source, then the hard work is over. I hope you have success with the summer crappie. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]