Re: Perspective Analysis

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on May 19, 2003 at 13:01:00:

In Reply to: Re: Perspective Analysis posted by Kerry Grissett on May 18, 2003 at 21:02:56:

Yep, I am an engineering geek with too much time on his hands. The combination of lousy weather and 4 month old twin boys keeps me in front of the computer more than fishing. My wind analysis was sparked by the tornadoes the other day and the weather man emphasizing the power of wind. First, the weather man confused 5 foot diameter with 5 foot girth from a caller reporting downed trees. It started to sink in... 5 foot diameter trees in Alabama!?!? Not many of those around. And then I asked my wife and her guests if girth means circumference and advised them that he should divide by pi to get the diameter. I was immediately ridiculed for being an engineer and then ignored because they probably knew I would not know when to stop. I thought everybody knows that pi r square, cornbread are round.

Anyways, the weatherman scared me so bad that I had to go and check the radar on the computer and could not resist the urge to stop by the NAFF. Had I understood what I saying well enough, perhaps I could have used layman's terms. That is why I said "you do the math." hehe. How does the old saying go? If you can't dazzle them with facts, overwhelm them with information (b.s.).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]