Posted by Kerry Grissett on May 13, 2003 at 22:46:39:
In Reply to: When to Reschedule My Bream Trip? posted by Spurgeon on May 13, 2003 at 21:32:34:
It is really hard to say with more rain in the forecast. Alex and I tried at Honeycomb (Jagger Creek) today and had only fair luck, but the water level was near normal for this time of year in that area although fairly dingy to muddy in places. Since this area is very near Guntersville dam, I was not really surprised.
I haven't been anywhere upstream of Honeycomb, so I can't say what conditions are further upstream right now, although there have been a few recent reports that folks are finding some good shellies and bull bluegill. See the thread at http://home.hiwaay.net/~ksgrisse/wwwboard/messages/8922.html
With the weather being as unpredictable as it has been lately, who knows if it will be any better in june, but the mayflies/willowflies should be hatching by then and you should bring a flyrod just in case! (grin)
Good luck and good fishin'
Post a Followup