FLOOD!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on May 09, 2003 at 12:41:02:

For those of you out of state and in state checking the TVA web page for water levels, DONT believe a word of it! During lunch today I went down to the river to see for myself and never did make it. I have not seen this much water in a long time. Even though TVA's web page shows that the level is only a little above full pool, Go see for yourself! Kerry and I were going to try to go to Guntersville Saturday, but after what I saw-Heck NO! Ditto Landing is still flooded. Called Goosepond this morning and talked to the guy that runs it. He said forget it! He said there is stuff floating everywhere and lots of it. He also said there are hundreds of coolers in the main river channel and in the back water. Guess they came from peoples boat houses. I would think things are going to get better but Sunday we have another chance of severe weather. Next week looks even worse. I guess that drought we had several years ago is finally catching up with us.
If any of you decide to go, please be careful. Wear your life jackets even if you dont want to! Good luck and may we see lower water soon! Alex

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]