Re: RAIN

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on May 07, 2003 at 00:14:42:

In Reply to: RAIN posted by Bud on May 06, 2003 at 12:32:48:

I'm not sure about the bream around Decatur, but the river will be above flood stage soon (if not already) around Decatur. It is already showing about 1 foot over normal maximum summer pool according to the graphic above. The line at 7 is approximately normal maximum summer pool at Decatur. This rain event may end up being worse than back in December 1990 and February 1991. During that period, the river around Decatur got VERY high. Caution and a good dose of common sense should be used before getting out on the river anytime soon.

As for bank fishing, who knows? I caught more of the biggest crappie I have ever caught (2-3 pounders) during the flood of Feb. 1991. Of course, that was february. The higher water may make it harder to find bream from the bank or you might luck up and find them bunched up somewhere. It is really hard to say. In any case, everyone be very careful out there! More severe weather is definitely possible in the next few days and dangerous flooding is a 100% sure thing!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.

I am not sure how the graphic will show up later on, so here is the link to the USGS page for the water level at Decatur.
http://wwwdalmtg.er.usgs.gov/rt-cgi/gen_stn_pg?station=03577150

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]