Re: Need reel info quick

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ron on May 03, 2003 at 06:29:44:

In Reply to: Re: Need reel info quick posted by jd on May 02, 2003 at 14:47:17:

You might give the Shimano Stradic 2000 a try.I bought my first one about 8 years ago,and was really impressed.I now have four of them.I like the idea of their free aluminum spare spool,because I always have a bunch of different pound test line prespooled.Only problem is that they changed the spool slightly,and now the new one doesn't interchange.They all are as smooth as the day I bought them and they have preformed perfectly.I fish jigs and homemade tube lures almost exclusivly,using 6# Fireline.I go heavier or lighter depending on lure size and the fish,and cover I'm fishing.One problem with the 4# Fire line is it can slide throuh the hook eye.I never use a leader and have never seen a problem with visibility.I also fish the same rig in super clear Colorado streams.Some of the features I like on the Stradic,is front drag(super smooth),the line lay down,the smooth retrieve,fast hookset,and no trouble with the Fireline tangleing,and if you do get a rare tangle the Fireline,it is ever so easy to untangle.The line will look really bad after a lot of hours but it retains it's strength.
The Combo of the Stradic 2000 and Fireline will satisfy your need for a new outfit.I only wish I could have had this outfit to use 25 years ago.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]