Re: Need reel info quick

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on May 02, 2003 at 14:47:17:

In Reply to: Need reel info quick posted by cordellc on May 02, 2003 at 13:15:00:

The Sedona bites the big one. Why? Hmmmm... you might want to contact Shimano. It is just not as smooth as some of Shimano's others for a comparible price. My Sedona was about as smooth as a meat gringer out of the box and mostly collects dust now. I believe it is the TX series that I have and like much better. I like the trigger mechanism where you place the line between the mechanism and your finger, but that is a huge personal option. I also have the Okuma Epix and it seems to be a fine reel so far after about 1-2 years of light use. I am not familiar with many of your reels listed. I feel that the TX series is one of the last few high-quality bargain reels on the market. You will pay for many of Shimano's reels like the Calcutta and Curado, but I like both of mine perhaps best of all my reels. The TX's are my favorite spinners. I grew up on Abu's 5500C, and still feel it is a good buy if you are just chunking something with weight or need high line capacity such as stripe/cat fishing. The new, smooth, high tech, and high-priced reels seems to do well with 1/8 ounce worm weights and other lightweight lures.

Just make sure that you get a FRONT DRAG in a spinning reel because it has a greater disc area and will perform better.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]