Re: big G bream a bedding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on May 01, 2003 at 22:54:21:

In Reply to: big G bream a bedding posted by Snapperking on May 01, 2003 at 22:32:40:

Glad you found some! Were they REALLY good ones or just acceptable? I still think the water temps have more to do with bedding activity than the moon cycles. Although activity may increase during new or full moon phases, I certainly would never plan my fishing trips totally around moon phases on the Tennessee river! Too many other factors to think about. Moon phases may be a very good predictor down on the gulf coast, but with all the other factors involved up here, I think it is a relatively small factor.

Unfortunately, I haven't been over to Guntersville in several days and have had a strong feeling that with the very warm days lately, the bedding activity should have picked up. Wheeler is still very slow from the bank, but picking up. The pumps at Day Park are on, but they hadn't opened the gates to the ditches towards Whites Spring or towards West Dike gate when I was there about 11am today. I will guess that they will either open them or turn off the pumps since the water level behind the pumps was getting seriously low! Maybe they are going to do another dredging project behind the pumps? Who knows. They have really screwed up that area in the last 12 years or so. (sigh)

Anyway, hope to be in Guntersville for bream in the next few days.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]