Re: shad discussion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rckmn on April 29, 2003 at 13:19:45:

In Reply to: Re: shad discussion posted by bill c on April 29, 2003 at 06:06:03:

There are two main areas I fish in Choccollocco, but at both locations I use the same launch. To get to the launch get off of I-20 at Exit 168 and head south for about 2 miles. Just before the bridge over the creek is a gravel path to the launch on the right.
If you plan on using shad head down-stream (to the right from the launch) about 1/2 mile and there will be a large bay-like area to the right. Use your trolling motor to go in there until you know the area (many many sandbars). Look for the tailflips and those will be the larger shad. The black shadow balls are the smaller shad.
The areas I fish with shad are about half-way back to the launch from the shad location and around the bridge by the launch. Just free line the shad. I have found the stripe fishing in the creek is best on hot days (makes no sense to me)in the evening.
The other spot I fish in the creek is about a mile to a mile-half up stream. Make sure you have an aluminum boat and take it real slow as there are many many o rocks in the creek up there and you will have to tie the boat to the bank and fish the rapids with top water lures. Good luck and let me know if you need any more info.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]