Guntersville Bream and Shellcracker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on April 24, 2003 at 13:47:15:

Kerry and I (plus another good friend Dwight) went yesturday on the lower end of Guntersville. We concentrated our efforts in Honeycomb, Jagger creek and Alreds also known as (Lush Branch). We covered alot of water and still NO big beds. We caught probably 100 or more but only brought home 47? I think. We had 5 shellcracker, one crappie and a yellow perch. I hear alot of folks are going out and limiting out but I have not seen them personally. We did find alot of beds in Alreds, but they looked pretty empty. I dont think I have ever seen as many folks fishing for bream and shellcracker as I have this year. There use to be a time when a you could go out during the middle of the week and basically have the lake to yourself. Good luck now! Kerry and I both agree that we are going to have to start fishing underwater humps or ridges to locate beds that have not been hit! Dont get me wrong, we can go out and catch bream and shellcracker, but the better qaulity just doesnt seem to be there. We have covered the upper river, middle and lower end of the lake with little success on those big ONES! We will try again soon! Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]