Re: Deep cycle marine batteries - advice?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 23, 2003 at 22:06:13:

In Reply to: Re: Deep cycle marine batteries - advice? posted by David Johnson on April 23, 2003 at 21:40:23:

I have heard good comments from at least one professional fishing guide about the deep-cycle batteries from Walmart. I am using 2 of the biggest (EverStart Maxx-29) batteries they sell now and so far they are doing very well at a little over a 1.5 years.

Your choice of battery size (amperage rating) will depend on the thrust/power of your trolling motor and how often you use it. A trolling motor battery, maintained properly, should definitely last more than one season! Perhaps you should check you recharging unit? A bad recharging unit can ruin a good battery.

I always place my batteries on the charger as soon as I get home. I check the water level frequently and only add distilled water when it is needed. That last part is VERY important! Distilled water doesn't contain impurities that can cause a good battery to go bad very quickly.

OK, so you have a good charging unit and maintain your battery properly... The EverStart Maxx batteries seem to be pretty good. Mileage will vary. (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]