Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 4-24-2003

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 23, 2003 at 21:04:40:

DATE: 04-24-03
LAKE LEVEL: 563.4
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 66.8
WATER CLARITY: A little dingy downriver but fishable

CRAPPIE: I have been bream fishing everyday. But, Butch and Harry have stayed with the crappie. They are catching them off of
brush piles and they have gone back deep. You can still catch short fish around the docks but this last cold snap sent them back out.
Everything they are catching is full of eggs and for Butch to buy minnows, as tight as he is, you know things are tough.

BASS: Bass fishing has been super. Rat'l Trap, Pig-N-Jig. The best fish coming from the back end of coves and off shallow points. I
wish the crappie fishing was that good.

WHITE BASS: White bass are full of eggs. They too are in the coves mixed in with the crappie.

STRIPE: I am going to wave the white flag! In the circles I run in, everybody is scratching their heads. What few have been caught
have been shallow in the Powerhouse area. I think too many cold fronts. As soon as I know you will know. But, if you are a brave soul,
fish the tailwaters.

BREAM: Been doing well on Guntersville. The fronts do not seem to effect these critters. Been several days in a row and have limited
out everyday by noon. They are about as big as your hand. The really good ones should come in pretty quick. But, if you can fillet him
he is not a bad fish. Still catching about all males. The bad news, almost impossible to buy bait around Guntersville.If you do not take
it with you, you are going to be flapping.Best bait is wax worms. You can order them over the internet.Bay Springs has a few.

Before I started bream fishing, I saw several boats keeping short fish. They are stealing from us. I call the Man. The last time I called
the Man, they had 27 short fish. Everybody needs to call the Man.Thanks, Steve www.weisslakeguideservice.com 256-927-6617

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]