Re: Bream N Shellcracker (Guntersville)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on April 17, 2003 at 09:45:10:

In Reply to: Re: Bream N Shellcracker (Guntersville) posted by Brad on April 17, 2003 at 08:39:00:

Brad, a slow steady retrieve is fine! The problem with the Keystone is there are several different sizes. I like the 1/32 oz in perch color. Another tip is try and use the smallest cork possible. Kerry turned me onto a cork a couple of years ago that really works well. They are about 1.5 long by 1/4" inch in diameter. They are made out of red and white foam. You can find these at Walmart for around 96 cents per 5 qty. When using these with the Keystone, place a piece of 1/32 oz split shot above the Keysyone minnow. ( approximately 12 inches). This cork doesnot make alot of splash when it hits the water. You might be spooking the fish if you are using a weighted cork. never the less, if you do use a weighted cork, make sure you throw way past the bed and then bring it back. Hope this helps and good luck! Oh! I almost forgot. You would not think that these little corks would cast very far but they do! They donot catch the wind as bad as those bigger corks. I also only use 4lb and 6lb test with these corks. Again good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]