Build a Rod Rack / Guntersville Dam?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on April 14, 2003 at 14:08:16:

New twin boys are keeping me off the water as much as I would like, so while hanging around the house this weekend, I built myself a rod rack. You can find a picture of the rack by using the link below. I built mine for less than $20 and it holds 20 rods. The drawing specifies 24 rod capacity, but I spaced the holes 3 inches instead of 2-5/8. I think the 2-5/8 would have been fine, but I guess it depends on the size of your reels. I am not sure if 2-5/8 works out for even spacing on each end so I started from the center and worked my way out. I also used a forstner bit instead of a keyhole saw. If you buy casters, don't buy those el cheapo ones with the white wheels and plastic bushing swivel that come 4 to a pack for $5 at HD. I guess casters could double the price of the project if you want the thing to roll to the corner of the garage. Double wall mount units could be built for about the same amount of material.

Anyone fished Guntersville dam lately? I was wondering if the flood gates would help or hurt. Last year they had gates on each end open which set up a very good pattern for stripers in the middle. Have the big salts moved in? Is the afternoon topwater bite on? I hope to get out one afternoon this week.

Good luck!
jd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]