Re: Transom

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on April 09, 2003 at 21:09:55:

In Reply to: Transom posted by Bobby on April 09, 2003 at 12:04:38:

No need to use the transom saver when storing, only when you are moving. Store the motor on the boat in the same position you would have it in while running it.

I have a 15 hp 4 stroke (99 pounds) and don't use a transom saver. When I trailer (moving) I leave the motor in the same position as when I run it on the water, but with my trim pin at the highest postion. You will need to make sure that the foot of your motor has enough clearance to trailer it this way. I believe my owners manual says to trailer the motor this way and not in the raised position as it will bounce more that way.

Last, but not least, use common sense when trailering (moving), drive at slower speeds (I rarely go over 55 mph) to save on tire wear and when traveling on rough roads slow down even more. Dips and speed bumps, etc can be a problem if you aren't careful also. By lowering my speed, even on highways, I have been able to extend the life of my trailer tires considerably. Also, make sure to keep the hubs greased well and tire pressure checked regularly!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]