Re: fishing in the gulf

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Snapperking on April 02, 2003 at 13:56:40:

In Reply to: fishing in the gulf posted by Donny Florence on March 31, 2003 at 22:06:26:

hello sorry i just got around to seeing your post, been trying to find a few crappie but not able to .im having Crappie luck .....ok bad joke Anyway the low priced deal outta destin was with Olin marlers charter service and this week end is the last one ,the prices were 45 for a 6 hour and 60 for 8 hours and they were running the trips as a party boat format vs a private charter so there would be about 20 people on the boat,then they go to their normal high charter prices till November.This is the last week end before the Snapper season opens on April 14th in the florida waters only with the following week end of the 21st being the opening for all waters federal and state for all of the gulf.I hate to say it but almost all the charters in desting and orange beach have gone to about a $100 an hour now.THey use the higher fuel prices to go up but never reduce back once it goes back down,pretty soon us common semi- poor folk will just have to go and watch what those that can afford to go have caught.I can tell you that Captian wilhite of the Summer Hunter is a great boat to go on ,never caught less than 200 to 300 lbs on 8 and 10 hour trips with him.His wife is the deck hand so its a family operation.Also any of the Walkers outta gulf shores or orange beach are good.As for my over all choice because of the chance of getting a big Grouper and amberjack or 2 along with the snapper would still be to go outta Destin, with Greg Marler on the Gentle winds, or Frank teems on the trade winds or Bruce Marler on the Tropical winds ,cant go wrong with them but as i already said none of them cheap.Wish i had a better bargain for ya!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]