Neely Henry Fishing Report for 4-2-2003

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on April 01, 2003 at 18:54:45:

DATE: 4-2-03
SURFACE TEMP: 47 on top 57 2 feet down, it was 67.
WATER CLARITY: Good
LAKE LEVEL: 1 foot off of pool

CRAPPIE: The crappie were doing great trolling a 1/32nd at about 1.7. Which means they were 3-4 feet deep in the am and 18
inches in the pm. Best color was blue and bubble gum. Had 48 keepers on Saturday, and had 15 on Sunday and 2 on Monday.With
the sudden drop in water temp.fishing is tighter than a tick on a hound dog. With the warm days, the latter part of the week everything
should return to normal.Which means throwing floats and jigs and floats and minnows at the bank should be very productive. Or
trolling shallow flats, points and humps. I predict that the crappie will spawn between the 13th and the 19th if we do not have any
more cold weather.

BASS: Bass fishing has not been all that bad. Humming a 1/4 oz. Rat'l Trap, shallow points and humps. Pig-n-jig off the rocks,
crawdad color.

BREAM: The bream in Guntersville are on a pre-spawn pattern, 4-6 feet deep off rocks and structure or a small drop onto a sandy
bottom.Weeds are not a real problem right now.They should go shallow about the 10th and start their spawn about the 13th and
continue on thru May. Best bait are wax worms and small jigs tipped with a wax worm. Shellcrackers will be on the bed shortly.

The lake is in good shape waterwise. By the end of the week, all species should be turned on and ready to go. I will do a fishing
update on Friday and be more specific about places. If I can help anyone just let me know. Thanks, Steve 256-927-6617
www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]